WASHINGTON COUNTY, TEXAS
100 E. MAIN, SUITE 200, BRENHAM, TEXAS 77833
(979) 277-6200 (979) 277-6215 FAX
- Renee Ann Mueller, County Attorney
- Aaron Kleinschmidt, Assistant County Attorney
- Suzy Blakey, Administrative Assistant/ Victim Services Coordinator/ Pretrial Diversion Officer
- Nicole Naumann, Deputy Clerk/ Hot Check Coordinator
- Clara Carroll, Deputy Clerk
The duties of the Office of County Attorney:
- Represent the State of Texas in Class A & B criminal misdemeanor cases filed in the Washington County Court at Law; this includes working with law enforcement officers in the investigation and preparation of these cases.
- Prosecution of juvenile offenders.
- Represent victims of domestic violence and stalking in protective orders.
- Represent the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services in cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Represent the State of Texas in Class C criminal misdemeanor cases filed in the four Justice of the Peace Courts of Washington County.
- Represent the applicants in mental health commitments and guardianship's.
- Provide legal advice to the commissioner’s court and other elected and appointed County officials.
HELPFUL LINKSBOND FORFEITURE SCHEDULE